Patricia Siller, co-founder of Janet40, and Doreen A. Ríos, director of [ANTI]MATERIA, shared their experiences while working within the production, curation, and research of digital art in Mexico. They dived into the current state of affective networks in Mexico City as well as what it means to rethink the materialities of digital production while searching for ways of expanding its reach.
Watch this talk
This event was produced for you by our super Team of Volunteers. Lots of shine to: Mishelle Brito, Aura Popa, Adrian St Clair, Kiran Tom Sajan
What did we learn?
- How Antimateria and Janet40 started from scratch.
- How Mexico City is becoming a blooming digital art hub.
- How to nurture affective and effective relationships in your local community.
- The important role of the re-materialisation for hybrid or emerging digital artists to sell works in Mexico City .
- The emergence of women-led curatorship in the digital art scene, such as HelloWorld.
- Digital Art becomes more political – referring to Julieta Gil who just won the Lumen Prize.
- Re-materialisation of Digital Art in Mexico by Adrian StClair, Curator for this talk.
- Podcast available soon on Apple, Anchor, Breaker, Castbox, GoogleCast, Overcast, RadioPublic, Spotify, Vrubl
[ANTI]MATERIA’ s Portfolio
© Courtesy of the artist de @ndelap and [ANTI]MATERIA
© Courtesy of the artist @jinggsu and [ANTI]MATERIA
JANET40′ s Portfolio
© Courtesy of the JANET40 for the group show with @dragoritma @robertsandrew @una.granada @espiral.web @lvstvcrv
@enriquemedinat @oswaldoerreve @santiagomuedano @lacanicula.
© Courtesy of JANET40 part of the exhibition app @pequodco and the artists @cristohbal_g @_franciscoregalado
@yyolis @sangree_oficial @robertsandrew y @julietagilg
Agora Next Talk
Would you like to meet amazing artists and creators? Check our Next Talks.
Or book here below:
Keep up with the Agora Talk Programme
Stay tuned to discover more artists and fabulous guests.
About Agora Digital Art
Agora Digital Art is a certified social enterprise. We are one of the most dynamic creative hubs in London. We champion artists who have something to say. We bring diverse communities and artists together.
With your generous support, we will build the best digital network. Donate via Paypal.